As the software development process is changing drastically,continuous deployment is what makes DevOps so special.
It’s not only techies who are excited about DevOps. The concept of “agile” is certainly not new; so what is it that’s making the entire industry suddenly wake up and get excited about the DevOps concept and accelerate the step towards its implementation?
Before talking about its implementation, firstly let us know more about DevOps.
It is important to state that DevOps is not software neither hardware nor anything physical that you can purchase. DevOps is the union of people, process, and products to enable continuous delivery of value to our end users.
DevOps is a clipped compound word refers to “development” and “operations”. DevOps practices include agile planning, continuous integration, continuous delivery, and monitoring of applications.The main characteristic of the DevOps is to strongly promote automation and monitoring at all steps of software construction, from integration, testing, releasing to deployment and infrastructure management.
Steps towards achieving DevOps…
The goal of DevOps is to shorten cycle time. Start with the release pipeline. How long does it take you to deploy a change of one line of code or configuration?
- Continuous Integration drives the ongoing merging and testing of code, which leads to finding defects early. Other benefits include less time wasted on fighting merge issues and rapid feedback for development teams.
- Continuous Delivery of software solutions to production and testing environments helps companies immediately fix bugs and respond to ever-changing business requirements.
- Version Control enables teams located anywhere in the world to communicate effectively during daily development activities as well as to integrate with software development tools for monitoring activities such as deployments.
- Monitoring and Logging of running applications including production environments for application health as well as customer usage, helps organizations form a hypothesis and quickly validate or disprove strategies. Rich data is captured and stored in various logging formats.
- Infrastructure as Code (IaC) is a practice which enables the automation and validation of creation and teardown of environments to help with delivering secure and stable application hosting platforms.
Conclusion:-DevOps provides the most credible solution for organizations looking to expand their horizons. Indeed, most organizations recognize the methodology as a crucial engine for providing reliable and cost-effective solutions to customers with rapid speed – and as a result, strengthen their market leadership.